Duarte Coelho - Director/Kitesurf Instrutor
Full Name : Duarte de Castro do Valle Baptista Coelho
- IKO - International Kiteboarding Organization ( International ) .
- FFVL - French Federation of Free Flight ( International )
- FPVela - Portuguese Sailing Federation
- Degree in Sports Management from the University FMH and ISEG.
Additional courses and information:
Nº Carta de marinheiro: 46588
Nº Cédula de treinador: 35234
Nº de registo no Turismo de Portugal: 393/2010
Nº de apolice do seguro de Operador Maritimo Turistico: 85/21393
- National Course instructor Kite - Portuguese Sailing Federation
- International Course instructor Kite - French Federation of Free Flight.
- International Course instructor Kite - International Kiteboarding Organization .
- Lifeguard National certification.
- Sail Skipper.
- 1s Aids Course.
- Pilot Level 4 Paragliding - Portuguese Federation of Free Flight.
- Pratictioner (Neuro-Linguistic Programming ) .
- Pratitioner Psychosynthesis .
- Yoga instructor - Mohni Van Sant Sewa Research Center and Ashram ( India - Rishikesh ) .
- Kitesurf May 1998 – Started flying Kite.
August 2001 - 2nd Place the 1st national championship " Overpower Kite Contest 01 " .
April 2002 - Participation on the Kiteboard Pro World Tour 2002 at Tarifa Spain " Red Bull Sky Ride in 2002 ."
May 2002 - 5th Place in the 1st round of the national championship Kitesurf ( CNK ) - Viana do Castelo .
June 2002 - 1st Place in the Hang Time contest, in Lagoa de Albufeira .
April 2003 - 1st place in the competition " Best Trick " of the 1st stage of CNK 2003 - Vilamoura .
May 2003 - 5th Place in 2nd stage of CNK - Viana do Castelo .
July 2003 - 1st Place in the Final CNK - Costa da Caparica .
November 2003 - 11th (out of 60 riders) in the long-distance race of the final World Cup kitesurfing " PKRA " in Ceará, Brazil.
May 2004 - 3rd turn in 2nd stage of CNK .
August 2005 - 2nd place kickers and sliders contest in Braga .
September 2006 - Participation in the World Cup , Wave Masters - Guincho .
May 2007 to March 2010 - President of the Portuguese Federation Kite.
September 09 - Member of International Olympic Committee Kitesurfing (part of IKA - International Kiteboarding Association).
April 2009 - President of Portugal Kite Sports Club .
Other sports and practices :
Rugby 1990-1993 . ( National Champion in 1992 )
Rowing 1995-1998 . ( National Champion in Yolle 4 ( Junior ) in 1996 )
Surf from 1998 until today.
Yoga since 2003 until today .
Mountain Bike since 2006 until today .
Paragliding 2007-2011 .
SUP ( Stand Up Paddle ) from 2012 until today.